happiness tastes like biscotti

I went to bed last night smelling the most delicious, sweet aroma...actually it was kind of embarrassing because I was pretty much drooling alone in my room thinking about whatever it was that Vita was baking.  When I asked her she said "des biscuits" and said "Oh oui, c'est bon"  like the majority of our interactions involving food go, but not knowing what "des biscuits" were exactly.

This story has such a happy ending.  Fast forward through a full night of sleep and waking up to a rainy, gray morning, my only plans for the day being an advising session and to write a paper on women immigrants, not the most uplifting topic for a rainy day.  Then I sat down for breakfast.  Violins started playing, a chorus of hallelujahs commenced, the sun broke through the clouds, my paper wrote itself, and all the people in Switzerland applauded for the miracle that I was about to experience.

I present to you....des biscuits!


Then the word I was waiting for.... "Gouter!"  Please and thank you and praise the Lord...I would love to taste them!!  Believe me they didn't disappoint.  And then, as if things could get any better, Vita mentions that she substituted WHITE CHOCOLATE for the butter.  This is life in Switzerland.  If you run out of butter, no problem, just throw some white chocolate in the bowl.  Needless to say it's been a great morning.  And when she gave me a little bag and said "bring some to your friends"....well I think we all know how that will end.     


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

housekeeping items

Hello Love

The first few days