Travel Days (the worst or best way to begin a trip)

I wouldn't be nearly as nervous about the fact that I'm spending the next 15 weeks in Geneva, Switzerland, except that I only have one pair of black tights, and they have a hole in them.  I first saw the hole in November, and love them so much that I couldn't bear to replace them.  It's been three months now and they have been holding out like champs.  So many times I turned down buying a new pair; I had so much confidence in them!  But now that I'm in the airport, suitcase already en route to Europe, I'm having my doubts.  Oh well.  I guess this is my first lesson in trust.  The truth is, some things just have to be left up to fate.  

My latest adventure (read: expensive endeavor) is going to be touring the Swiss countryside, skiing the Alps, and sampling every kind of chocolate, cheese, and wine I can afford.  In the off chance that I get tired of chocolate or skiing, I also registered for 16 college credits to occupy my time, studying global health and development policy in Geneva, an international mecca for global policy-making and humanitarian affairs.  It's a bit surreal right now, probably because I'm not actually there yet, but I can tell you that I'm more excited than my dog when she gets an empty jar of peanut butter.     

It should be a grand adventure.  Even if my legs do get a little cold sometimes for lack of proper tights.

Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

housekeeping items

Hello Love

The first few days