The first few days

Five days in and I'm beginning (barely) to feel like I have an idea of what it will be like to live here for the next three months.

We spent our first three nights staying in Geneva, and here are a few things worth mentioning:
-->It's true what they say.  Wine is in fact much cheaper than water in this fine city.
-->The food is superb.  Fresh, local, whole.  
-->Everyone (and I really do mean everyone) is multi-lingual, and being surrounded by it is the coolest thing.
-->It is possible that, if you go to Mr. Pickwick pub on a Thursday night, you can witness the extraordinary.  Two grown women singing Shania Twain karaoke to an almost empty room.  But really, that don't impress me much. 
-->Germans are splendid tour guides, but they don't like to wait around for taking pictures!  However, I did get the chance to capture these snapshots from the city:   

 
Martin Luther goes green  

 The Reformation Wall


St. Peter's Cathedral (playing with some angles)

Almost lost the group when I stopped to take this!


I thought this might be a famous building



Comments

  1. Yeah Anna! Thank you for the update:)! Great looking pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you make a shania twain pun? oh yes. we will be good host sisters :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

housekeeping items

Hello Love